Thursday, November 13, 2014

fulfilled life

I've recently come to the shocking realization of how many activities and priorities I engage in. I didn't realize how busy of a person I am because I don't feel stressed. Therefore, I think I can call myself fulfilled

I do choir, take voice lessons, sing and play guitar, do dance, and do theatre. I also take yoga classes, am president of yoga club, and now have a job. I still find time to write on this blog, write my book, and read books I enjoy. I exercise most days of the week, get outside often, find myself watching Netflix and movies to my heart's content... and I am in bed by 8:30. Oh, and I do have a moderately active social life and I'm not failing school. 

I honestly don't know how I've managed to do this because the math doesn't even add up. For everything that I manage to do, I don't think I really give myself enough credit! For once in my life, I really feel like I'm that girl who "has it together." And I'm so happy I'm finally beginning to find a fulfilled life. 

How I balance my life like this: 

1. Being social is not a top priority for me. I think that the kind of lifestyle I have wouldn't work for someone who wants to be with people all day. The social time that I need is fulfilled at lunch. That is my social 30 minutes. I forget about everything else and just be social during that period of time. I talk to others throughout the day, obviously, but after that I devote myself to all my other priorities.
2. I got rid of all the things that were eating up time in this short life that I have. The key to living a fulfilled life is to get rid of all the things that do nothing for you. There are only so many hours in a day and very limited time that you have to make the most of your life. I swear that deciding not to take math this year has done wonders for my time management and my outlook on life. 
3. I soak up everything that I can get from daily activities. Although my library job can be a little dull at times due to its repetitive nature, it's a great experience and an excellent organization exercise for my brain. Homework = chill time, because I just sit in my bed and can wind down while getting it done- just like reading or watching TV. 
4. Keep in mind I'm bored very easily... because I'm fulfilled very easily. Watching a 45-minute episode is all the relaxation I need for today. When it's over, I'm completely refreshed and back at it. I am usually ready to change activities very quickly and am always wanting to do something new. Sometimes this is a problem, but often it works to my advantage. 

I think that a major factor in happiness is balance. It's something that I'm still trying to learn every day, but I think I've been doing a great job lately and it's paid off! 


xo Signe



2 comments:

  1. Wish I was as busy as you, omg!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete