Monday, October 6, 2014

this week's experiment

Hi everyone! 

Today I'm writing to tell you about a little "experiment" I'm trying this week... I'm staying away from gluten and refined sugar! 

When I am eating healthy, I actually don't eat a lot gluten or refined sugar because I have a lot of things like soup, beans, rice, or quinoa. When I am eating healthy I feel great, but my mind gets scared because I am afraid to let go of sugar and carbs and then I go and eat and ton to feel comforted. I hate this cycle because I hate how sugar and gluten make me feel!
I've recently realized how much crackers, chips, and cookies play a role in my life... it's kind of sad. A Friday night is not complete without eating a half a bag of something, and I've gone through periods of time where I'm not able to go to bed without eating some type of carb or sugary item. It's a psychological thing: I accidentally made it into a routine and now I can't go without it. What used to be TV + blanket is now TV + blanket + chips. I have wanted to stop eating these large amounts of gluten and sugar for so long, but every time I try to I get afraid to lose it. I also turn it into a really big deal and think about it to much. 

I need to tell myself that it's ok to let go of the things that only make me feel worse (something I'm really bad at..). Nothing drastic is going to change by losing this part of my life, I'm just going to feel healthier. It's my goal to make food something that I enjoy but also something that I use to keep my body healthy... not a hobby or after-school activity. I think that not cutting out stuff I love like popcorn, granola bars, and desserts, but just replacing the ingredients is a good approach and will show me that it's not such a big deal. 

Here's what I'm going to be eating this week: 

- fruit
- vegetables
- meat (the vegetarianism will be put on hold)
- dairy 
- nuts and seeds
- beans, rice, quinoa, and lentils
- popcorn
- some homemade granola bars
- a yummy gluten free and refined sugar free dessert 


I'll make a post at the end of the week to let you know how it went!!


xo Signe



3 comments:

  1. sounds nice!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a challenge to me, have fun!
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
  3. popcorn is great! I could eat it every day, actually I do. I agree on the gluten and sugar. I can definitely tell when I am eating healthy. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete