Thursday, July 3, 2014

summer reading and movie watching lists

I've been really trying to read a lot more this summer. I haven't really read regularly since I was about 11 and it's one of the best ways to keep your mind working and growing when you're not at school. In addition, I've had a list of movies to watch. I feel like older people hate on movies because they're counted as "screen time," which really isn't fair because great films can have such an impact on a person.

Books
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
Extraordinary Confessions of Ordinary Lives from PostSecret
Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
The Blue Mirror by Kathe Koja
Journals by Kurt Cobain
Smack by Melvin Burgess
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change by Stephen Kinzer (obviously for school ha ha ha...)


Movies
Prozac Nation
Little Birds
The Virgin Suicides
Girl, Interrupted
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Blue Valentine
The Spectacular Now
16 Candles
Gia
Requiem For A Dream
Fight Club
Good Will Hunting
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Runaways


I only have one crossed off the book list because it took FOREVER to read... I'm about to go to the library to pick up the next one though! Hopefully I finish the movie list, it just keeps getting longer and longer.... oops!

I'll be reviewing all of these so stay tuned!! ;)


xx Signe


3 comments:

  1. Those book sound pretty good. I recently finished reading All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner and I enjoyed it.

    Good Will Hunting is a fabulous movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read journals, and out of the films I've watched Donnie Darko (amazing), the runaways (really good) and 16 candles (not as good as other brat pack films) but I really want to watch the virgin suicides, pulp fiction, requiem for a dream and girl, interrupted - great selection you have here!!

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Girl Interrupted last night, and it was alright, but kind of a waste of time. Now is Good is one of my favorite movies at the moment. just a suggestion :) xx

    ReplyDelete