Wednesday, July 16, 2014

hair rules I live by

Whenever it comes to managing my hair, I always do what it's in the best interest for it and what will keep it looking the best in the long run!

These tips will keep your hair at its ultimate best: 

1. Only wash your hair once a week. I told my sister that I only wash my hair about once a week and she got really grossed out, but if your hair is healthy then most hair types can only be washed once a week. I know a lot of people who think they need to wash their hair more often because it gets greasy, but after a while your hair will learn to regulate its oils naturally and not need to be washed so often. 

2. Try to air-dry hair whenever possible. Blow-dryers can be harsh on hair and slow hair growth. 

3. Limit the use of your straightener and curler. Straightening or curling hair every day will eventually lead to dryness and dullness. 

4. Brush hair twice a day. Brushing your hair is important so that the oils from your scalp can be spread throughout your hair, but brushing it too often can cause breakage. 

5. Only put in a quarter to two quarter-sized amount of conditioner. The amount of conditioner you need really depends on your hair length. But I used to put in SO much conditioner and when I started using less, I was so surprised how soft my hair was and how long it lasted until I needed to wash it again. 

6. Apply a natural hair mask once a month to keep your hair at its healthiest! 



xx Signe




2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips! I am about to start only washing my hair once a week. I've been scared to do it because my hair can get a little greasy and I am not a fan of dry shampoo... any tips to prevent grease buildup or how to disguise it? thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow most of these except brushing my hair. My hair is just so fine that I could probably only brush it once a day without damaging it. I will have to try using slightly less conditioner next time I wash my hair. And an exception to the wash once a week: if you're working out regularly. You're going to produce more oil when you work out.

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete