Monday, June 9, 2014

your heart is a chrysalis

Well... today is my 16th birthday! To be honest, it wasn't anything special. I took my English exam. 

But that is ok. I think one of the most important things I've learned in the past year is that I don't need to analyze every moment and look for meaning in every single part of my life. For some reason I thought this was necessary and therefore what would make me happy, but have realized I'm happier if I do the opposite. 

The truth is that I've had so many major things happen to me in the past few years that every time it slows down, I start to get worried and think "oh no... what if this is it?" It is my biggest fear to stop developing, to stop growing, and most of all... to become stupider. Which is really quite irrational if you think about it. 

I shouldn't waste this time lamenting over "things I wish I had known at 12" or wishing I was a little kid again, and I shouldn't waste this time worrying about the future. All I have is this moment and I'm going to enjoy it. Maybe 16 will be a number that will mean something to me and maybe it will not. Either way, I'm ok with it. As long as I'm happy. 







xx Signe



1 comment:

  1. Heeyyyy happy belated birthday to you! Hope you had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete