Friday, May 16, 2014

who needs feminism?

I recently discovered this awesome website called Who Needs Feminism. It allows you to submit a picture of your writing on a piece of paper about how feminism is important to you or something that's happened to you that isn't right. 

Because I wrote this post last week Friday, I thought this would be a nice follow-up. 

Here are some of my favorites: 











I need feminism for all the above reasons. But I have more to add: 

1. I need feminism because adult family members have called me "slutty" for wearing a skirt that I liked when I was TWELVE.  
2. I need feminism because women's magazines are about pleasing men. 
3. I need feminism because friends tell me that I should be flattered when a guy whistles at me on the street. 
4. I need feminism because I have been taught in my health and wellness class to dress "conservatively" at parties. The boys have never been taught not to act inappropriately. 
5. I need feminism because others automatically assume that I dress to attract males. My body has other purposes and I dress to make myself happy. 
6. I need feminism because I reported incidents of sexual harassment to the school board and the school psychologist asked if I had asked for it. 


Why do you need feminism?


xx Signe



6 comments:

  1. I love this!! What an amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing post ! I totally agree with every you say and everything is just so true aargh I can't believe about the school psychologist that's so messed up what she said it's just shocking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need feminism because when I mentioned snapchatting homework questions (to my best guy friend) my teacher asked if we were sexting. Obviously we were not but it hurts to have those views out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. *stands and applauds* This post was perfect. 100% spot on. I need feminism because one day I would like to get paid equally to my male colleagues for doing the SAME JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need feminism because I want my kids to grow up in a world where the standards we impose on our women are imposed on men too. We need feminism because in order for society to preogress properly gender inequality must be eradicated worldwide. I reall loved this post. It's very different to the content that's out there on the blogosphere. Please check out my blog, and if you like what you see, follow me on BL :) xoxo
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete