I recently discovered this awesome website called Who Needs Feminism. It allows you to submit a picture of your writing on a piece of paper about how feminism is important to you or something that's happened to you that isn't right.
Because I wrote this post last week Friday, I thought this would be a nice follow-up.
Here are some of my favorites:
I need feminism for all the above reasons. But I have more to add:
1. I need feminism because adult family members have called me "slutty" for wearing a skirt that I liked when I was TWELVE.
2. I need feminism because women's magazines are about pleasing men.
3. I need feminism because friends tell me that I should be flattered when a guy whistles at me on the street.
4. I need feminism because I have been taught in my health and wellness class to dress "conservatively" at parties. The boys have never been taught not to act inappropriately.
5. I need feminism because others automatically assume that I dress to attract males. My body has other purposes and I dress to make myself happy.
6. I need feminism because I reported incidents of sexual harassment to the school board and the school psychologist asked if I had asked for it.
Why do you need feminism?