Saturday, May 24, 2014

the worst fashion era and trends

Pretty much all adults would say that the 80s were the absolute worst fashion period. 


I actually don't mind it. More specifically, I don't mind 80s style clothes. Meaning high waisted shorts, Keds sneakers, neon, etc… Clothes literally straight out of the 80s are kind of a different story. 

People usually grow up to hate the fashion that was "in" when they are young, and I've found I've grown up to hate 2000's clothes!!! 

Remember Skecher's flip flops? So cool in 2003. Now? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. 



I remember being like 5 and wanting a "mini skirt" like this one. My mom would not buy one for me. Thank god. 



Oh yes, I remember I had one of these in like 2006… the "newsboy cap," frequently worn by Britney Spears and Lizzie McGuire. 

One of the things I despise about the 2000s are sunglasses like these. Cool then. Ratchet now. 




Finally, we have the horrible, HORRIBLE tube top. I blame Britney for its rise to popularity. 


Basically, when I think of the 2000s, I think of Britney Spears and Lizzie McGuire. 

Do you have anything to add to this list??



xx Signe

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you with the horrible 80's trend! I would definitely ad flair jeans to the list of horrible fashion. Have a great holiday weekend.

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah this post made me laugh.
    Nice picks :-P I agree with Julie - you MUST add flair or elephant jeans to the list.
    I still have a pair and they are so hideous on me. I can't believe I wore them in public XD

    Love from Canada
    ♥anamascara.blogspot.ca♥

    ReplyDelete