Tuesday, April 8, 2014

hippie life

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed I've added a board called hippie life!












Basically, I've found some blogs on tumblr that I've found really inspiring. "Hippie" is often portrayed as "weed-smoker," but these blogs have approached a different take on the term. Check out Sunflowered Spirit and Vegan Hippie- they post about nature, yoga, animal rights, and being vegan! 

I now have a whole different perspective on the connotations of "hippie" and "bohemian." In fact, the true definition really describes myself. 


I am openly against drugs and alcohol (but don't judge), and true hippies are actually about being natural and having a clear mind. Taking that into consideration, the fact that hippies are stoners is really quite illogical. 

I mean, there's kind of two different types. The first is the stoner hippie. I'm now calling them poser hippies.


(nahhhh..)


Then there's the happy, healthy, natural, animal and yoga loving hippies- who I consider to be the REAL hippies!









Have a lovely Tuesday. :)


xx Signe

1 comment:

  1. I love how you looked at how hippies are portrayed and how they actually are & should be! Great post & love the definition of bohemian!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete