Tuesday, March 25, 2014

actually yeah the grass IS usually somewhat greener on the other side of the fence...

So we look at people- celebrities models, bloggers, you name it- and think, "your life is amazing! I'm so jealous!" 

Then we read an article in a magazine where they are interviewed and say something like "omg, my life is actually so hard, people don't see what goes on, it's so much work, I actually hate it, etc." 

And the thing is, that is 100% true. 

But it doesn't matter. 

Because their lives are still so. amazing. 


I read an article once about Taylor Swift where she recognized this exactly. She said something like "I could get mad about the paparazzi; I could get mad about the lack of privacy, but I'm not going to. This is what I wanted my whole life. I'm not going to be that person who finally is able to live their dream and then complain about it." 

I don't fully agree with the statement "the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence." I'll use Blair Eadie as an example. Her blog is wildly successful and every girl wants her closet. Are there downsides? Of course. Does she hit bumps in her life? Of course, she's human. But her blog is wildly successful and every girl wants her closet. Doesn't that outweigh the bumps and downsides?? 

I think that those of us with truly amazing lives need to get over the things that are making the grass look not-so-green. If you're a famous blogger and complaining about the downsides, think of all the things that make it worth it: The opportunities! The free products! Making a career out of doing what you love every day! 

If you're a privileged person and complaining about the downsides, think of all the amazing things about YOUR life: You have money to buy the things you want! You're getting an education! Your family loves you! 

Life is hard. But at the end of the day, all of these bumps are nothing compared to the big picture of your life. Make the grass look green because it is. 

On a final note, maybe you don't have these things. That doesn't mean you can't find some sort of beauty in your life, because it's ALWAYS there. The grass is probably greener on the other side, but you can find something amazing about your side too. 



xx Signe


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for remind us that we are already lucky just for the way we are! It's easy get jelous or wishing more things!
    www.bonjourchiara.com
    Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog)I love it)

    Would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post Signe. It's very uplifting, yet totally realistic. I think we all sometimes forget why we are lucky to be who we are just because someone always seems to have it better. Great post!

    XO, Kate // seersuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete