Friday, February 14, 2014

personality type and style

Sometimes, I'm honestly confused why I have "good style" because having a good style does not match my personality at all. One of the most common things people say to me is "you're so put together." I can understand why my outfits would give off that impression, but I am really not put together at all! I associate style with detail and organization- two elements I lack. 
You may know that I take a strong interest in psychology and personality types. Out of the sixteen Myers-Briggs types, I can identify with the INFP the most. 

I recently read a physical profile of an INFP and I can pretty much say it describes me perfectly. The connection between the personality and style makes a lot more sense now:

"Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness....Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity. They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them. INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance."


It's honestly so amusing to read INFP profiles because it describes me to every single last detail. I try to be my own person and not fit into any kind of "box," but learning about my personality type has been a beneficial aid for learning about myself.



What's your Myers-Briggs type?


xx Signe



2 comments:

  1. I'm an INTJ! I love reading profile descriptions of my personality type, they are always so accurate and spot on haha
    xoxo
    thebouquineuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been interested in psychology but I haven't gotten the time to look that much in to it although I found this post quite interesting. I've been following your blog for quite some time now, but have never really commented. On a side note, I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Don't feel obligated to do the whole question/answer/nomination type deal, but I'm just letting you know I enjoy your blog. :)

    http://sunsetsandsundays.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete