Thursday, January 23, 2014

keep ur opinions 2 urself #kthnxbye

{warning: rant}

I was at my voice lesson today and in the middle of my lesson, a guy came to the door. Turns out he was one of those guys that tries to recruit people to Jehovah's Witnesses or whatever. 

I started thinking, and decided that these people REALLY bother me. 

If you're a Jehovah's Witness, fine. If you want to talk about your religion with people who want to listen, then fine. But seriously, why would you go up to people's doors, trying to get them to believe what you believe?? It's so stupid. 

If my voice teacher wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness, THEN SHE WOULD BE ONE. A guy coming to her door trying to change her mind will not work. 

Seriously, leave people alone!!! Why can't you just enjoy whatever it is you believe in for yourself? Why do you need other people to agree with you? Why do you CARE who else is part of your religion if you really are following it for yourself? 

I've recently decided that I don't support eating meat. Do I care if my friends and family eat it? NO! I care if I eat meat. Deciding whether or not I'm going to eat meat is my decision and I don't have control over what anyone else wants to do. Therefore, I'm not all up in people's faces lecturing them when they take out chicken. If they had wanted to be vegetarian, then come on. They'd be vegetarian by now. 

Personally, I think this is why there are so many issues with the world. The only reason there's so much political conflict is that everybody just wants everybody on their side. Why does it anger people so much when people they don't even know choose to live a lifestyle they don't agree with? Why do people get so mad about other people's choices that don't even affect them? The same thing goes for gay rights. Like, if you don't agree with homosexuality, like...uh...don't be homosexual?... 

Would it REALLY affect your personal well-being if two strangers walking down the street were? 

And if you say yes, then YOU'RE the one with issues. 


The moral of the story is, have your opinions. But please don't force them on other people. Happiness does not require everyone to agree with you. 


xx Signe




4 comments:

  1. You are so right!I started my day with a good moral about life, reading your post.
    I agree with you with everything you wrote and I consider those people who try to pursuade you to change your religion very....lost:) If you really believe in something or someone, no one will manage to change your thoughts :)

    kisses
    http://thatswhywesmile.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't agree more. Fair enough for people who preach on the streets because those who want to listen WILL stop. Coming to your doorstep is different. Sometimes I don't want to be rude so i talk to them.. but I just hope that they'd respect your religion as well. I don't need some random telling me to switch over to their religion. It's unfair and it's disrespectful.

    Mary

    http://whatmakesmary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that people should not shove their opinions down others' throats. That's not how you're gonna change their minds. I think a big factor to consider is that a lot of people think their beliefs are worth being shared - that, by sharing their beliefs, they are hoping to change the other person's life, for the better. Especially religiously-speaking. If your religion really DOES save lives, wouldn't you want to share it with others? Just something to think about ;)
    It is frustrating that these days the line between sharing a belief and forcing a belief on someone is blurred.

    On another note, your blog design is fabulous. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse
    PS - I'm back on the blog! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ask why people get so upset while you're getting upset, I just hope you know. I just wish we could respect each other and I just wish I could make a cake of rainbows and butterflies and smiles and we could all get along. Well I hate to break it to you, but there are, and will always be, ignorant people in the world. They will always create a shit storm and hate. All we can do is treat them with respect and try to walk away from them. If a Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door, politely turn them away. Why do you or anyone else have to get worked up about differences?

    ReplyDelete