Because blogging has turned me into a techie hipstaaa, I'm gonna share my techie skills with y'all.
1. How to leave links in comments
Leaving links in blogger comments is really simple. All you have to do is copy this code:
and paste it into the comment where you want the link to appear. Then, just put the url in place of "url" BUT KEEP THE QUOTATIONS AROUND IT and enter what you want the link to say where it says "link text" (no quotations needed there.)
WARNING: You must put the http:// in front of the url or it won't work.
2. How to add social media links
Very very necessary skill to know if you want to use social media networks and appear professional! There are a couple different ways to do this, but I'm going to show how how to do it the easy way. Your options for social media icons are a little more limited this way because you have to find ones that match in size and stuff, but it's a LOT less complicated to put them on.
1. In blogger, go to your Layout.
3. In the box that comes up, enter this code:
6. Go to google and search for an image of the icon you want to use. Make sure it's a small-ish size, because the size won't change when you put it in. Copy the link to the image.
7. Enter the link to that image where it says "Image Direct Link Goes Here." (Same rules apply with quotations/http://. It should just copy and past right in there.)
Do that for all the social media links you want. It should look like this in the box:
7. Once you've put all of them in there, then click 'Save' and adjust the gadget where you want the icons to appear.
8. Click 'Save Layout' and then go check your blog. Voila! They should be there!
Well this was fun! :) Let me know if you want to see more tutorials like this or you want to request an HTML tutorial.
Confession: I actually am not a techie nerd, I hate HTML lolz. I have many WTF moments while trying to figure this stuff out, but in the blogging world, it's an amazing skill to have. ;)