Sunday, November 17, 2013

Confession time! (aka...reasons why I'm not cool)

I got inspired to make this post cause a couple other bloggers have been doing it recently. 

Basically, the reasoning behind this is that a lot of times bloggers, particularly fashion bloggers, represent themselves in a way that leads people into thinking they have perfect lives. I hope I don't represent myself that way but I'm doing this before we get to that point...

Alright. Here we go. 


- I have braces
- My thumbs freak people out
- This one guy comments on my dark, baggy eyes every morning
- I was happy to pass math first semester last year with a D- 
- My bra size has not increased since 7th grade
-My vocal teacher discouraged me from auditioning for the lead in the musical because I'm not seductive and would be better off as the ditzy dumb blonde
- I shower twice a week (don't worry, I don't smell bad....I just don't sweat)
- There has been a pile of clothes that need to be hung up sitting on my floor for a week
- Three or four people have compared me to a squirrel #adhdprobs
- Last time the doctor had to touch my neck I cried
- I'm extremely sensitive to harsh stimulus or people quickly touching me, for example my friend recently announced she was about to give birth and her phone dropped out of her sweatshirt onto my lap, causing me to scream and roll on the ground
- In 7th grade at the talent show, I tried to do a curtsy after singing my song but I just lifted up my dress and flashed the crowd instead
- I LITERALLY fall in the hallway at least once a week



Yeah.



xx Signe 

19 comments:

  1. Don't worry dearest Signe...when I was in school, I had several things going on as well, but you know what? It made me different and set me apart from the rest. The result? I followed my dreams because I wasn't afraid. Those who want to follow the crowd stay in the crowd. Those who follow what they can't see but believe in and are THEMSELVES, FLY....they fly and see the larger expanse. Enjoy yourself.

    Thank you so much for coming to visit me! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly!! I love this post!! you´re damm right!
    Kisses

    Fashion Avenue by Adriana
    http://fashionavenueabc.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog!!

    mind checking mine out?

    cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for you luuurvly comment on my blog girly! <3 ahh I had SO many embarrassing moments in year (or "grade" as you call it haha) 7 too. SO many. o_O

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear
    Great confessional post :)
    What do you think about following each other?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this confessions post :) You're so honest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your awesome confessions post hun! You shouldn't be ashamed of who you are, you're awesome! Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving wonderful comments! Now following you! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw your comment on my blog and I'm legit obsessed with your blog. I totally agree that so many bloggers come off as leading such perfect lives, but you are totally real. Your confessions are too funny, but trust me I have some embarrassing moments as well. Love this!

    xx katelyn |seersucker + stripes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - I'm following you now too! I'm possibly the most un-cool person around but I don't mind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. bahahaha this is amazing. I'm stoked to explore the rest of your blog.

    xo

    MacKensie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! You are amazing person!!!! I love your blog!!! Let`s follow each other? ;-)

    www.brandator.tv

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post.
    So many bloggers so make their lives look so polished and perfect. God knows how.

    People say I look like a sloth :) and I had braces too.
    Love Tabi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great idea! Seriously, reading about other peoples 'perfect lives' on their 'perfect blogs' makes me feel inadequate occasionally haha so thank you for being real! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great and you're awesome. I'm the same with my bra size lol how depressing :( xxx

    ReplyDelete