Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog Your Heart Out & Liebster Award

Hi guys!

I'm honored to be nominated by Belle at The Life and Times of Belle for the Blog Your Heart Out award and Emma at Emma's Looking Glass. Thanks, girls!!


First, I'll do the Blog Your Heart Out. 




1 What/ who encouraged you to start blogging?


My friend Caroline is really who inspired me! She started her blog prior to me starting my first blog- it just looked like so much fun!


2 How did you choose what topic(s) to blog about?

Well, I love fashion and most popular blogs in general are fashion blogs. I kind of used that as a main focus, but this really became a bit of a lifestyle blog too when I got ideas from other successful fashion/lifestyle blogs. 


3 What is something most people don't know about you?

Well, people don't know this about me for a reason but I guess I am about to confess: I shower twice a week, never wear deodorant, and sometimes sleep in my clothes then wake up and go to school. And I work out every day. Now that I typed that out it makes me sound DISGUSTING but I promise I'm not! I literally just don't sweat, my hair doesn't get greasy, and I just don't smell. (And I swear I don't; I've asked other people!!) 


4 What 3 words describe your style?

Sophisticated, artistic, whimsical


5 What do you like to do when you're not blogging?

If I have free time at home and I'm not blogging, I will be on twitter or tumblr. Or I'll be playing guitar, singing, and writing songs/recording. 


The people I tag/nominate for this one are....

Caitie at Color Me Caitie
Elizabeth at Moonlight Goodbyes
Karissa at Karissa and Company



Now, for the Liebster!




1 what is you're favourite aspect of blogging?


My favorite aspect would probably be sharing my ideas with other people and getting feedback on my style and interests, along with getting to connect with so many people and getting so many opportunities!


2 What's you're favourite thing to do with friends?

If it is Caroline, that would be having a photo shoot. ;) If it's any other friend, just hanging out on a Saturday night in our pajamas with food is my idea of a great time!


3 If you could be a fictional character who would you be any why?

Ooh I love this question!! Honestly, I've got to say Hannah Montana...because, I mean, the concept of Hannah Montana is just epic. It's the besstttt of both worldddsss!


4 what's your favourite book?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (fun book) and Frankenstein (school book). 


5 if you could travel anywhere where would you go?

I have always wanted to go to the Middle East, but um, not the best vacation spot! Besides that, I'd love to go to Africa or see an indigenous tribe in the rainforest in Indonesia. Well, it's not like those are the best vacation spots either...but, I mean...they're not the Middle East.. 
6 Whay is your favourite item of clothing?

A slouchy pullover sweater


7 what is you're favourite holiday?

Christmas


8 Do your friends and family know about your blog, do they read your blog? How would you feel about this? 

My family and friends know. My friends don't really care, my dad reads it daily, and my mom reads it sometimes. Sometimes my parents get freaked out over what I say, but I'm like "lol guys welcome to the internet."


9 Who is the most inspirational person in your life?

In my life, that I know personally- probably my mom. She's inspirational because she does things I can't do, like is really organized and has all her calendars and such. Having her life together is something that she desires and feels determined to do, and it just makes me be like, "wow", because I watch her and I understand how our minds work so differently. 


10 What is you're favourite thing to do on a Sunday?

Cry that the next day is Monday



11 You're stranded on a desert island, you can chose one person and three items to be with you, what would you chose?


I would choose Barack Obama. If Barack Obama was randomly missing, then the U.S. government would flip out and send a bunch of helicopters around the globe and therefore I'd have a pretty good chance of being found. For three items to be with me....a box of matches, a gallon of water, and some food. (Hopefully that would last til the government found me and my main bro Barack.)


Oh, for the Liebster, I also need 11 facts about myself.

Hereeee we go...

1. I microwave my food for really random amounts of time, ie 13 seconds, 36 seconds, 47 seconds, etc
2. I have a pet bird named Snowy 
3. I'm 5'6" 
4. My BMI is 17 
5. My hips are uneven 
6. I had strep throat last week! 
7. I like kleenex with aloe vera in it
8. I used to ride horses when I was younger
9. I wanna be a fairy
10. or a mermaid
11. I can't twerk 


My 11 questions for my nominated people: 

1. Do you dream every night and do you remember your dreams?
2. Are you in school or graduated? 
3. Do you have a job?
4. Florals or geometric print?
5. Cats or dogs?
6. Introverted or extraverted?
7. Who is your favorite musician or band?
8. Is there a song that has made you cry?
9. Do you have a boyfriend/significant other?
10. Skirts or pants?
11. What's your favorite season? 


And the people I nominate are...

The Twirl Team at Twirl
Lauren at Side of Sweet Mint
Emily at Life's Notebook



If you followed up on this tag, please let me know- I'd love to read your responses! Thanks again to the girls who nominated me!


xx Signe
















5 comments:

  1. Nice! Always is great know more about people :D You don´t follow me yet via Google Friend? :((
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of blogs.

    Snowy is just the cutest name!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankenstein is one of my favourite books as well! Such a good read. I love the word whimsical btw haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post girl! And Christmas is my fav holiday too! (I seriously can't wait for it)
    I would love if you stopped by my fashion blog and let me know what you think.

    x Mariana | www.goingteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Great answers. I also answered Emma's Questions for the Liebster Award on my blog. You should check them out!
    Jaclyn

    Teacupsandcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete