Tuesday, October 22, 2013

8 steps to recharging your battery

Everybody gets stressed out sometimes. If you feel like you're running on empty, it may be time for a battery re-charge! 

People generally try to make you feel bad for taking time for yourself. Do not feel bad. It's 100% ok to put your physical and mental health before school. I think everyone SHOULD value their health over school and if a teacher makes you feel bad about what you value then they are being a bad teacher. 

Ideally it's best to take a day to re-charge on the weekend, but if you're responsible then you can use your own judgment about whether it's appropriate to take a day off school for yourself. I think it is completely fine to skip school once or twice a year to "recharge" if it's going to benefit your school performance rather than make things more difficult. 


Here are my steps to recharging:



Taking a long, hot bath first without any distractions (put your phone away!) gives you a chance to clear your mind.



Relax and rejuvenate with a vitamin-based facial (or just something that smells good!)




A cup of tea is a tasty way to clear your sinuses and wait for your facial to dry. 




Practicing yoga is the best way to connect your body to your mind, but any type of stretching will get your blood flowing and make you feel more relaxed. 



Take a few moments for some mindfulness to try some deep breathing. It is simple but can work wonders! Get into a comfortable position, then take four seconds to breathe in through your nose, then eight seconds to breathe out through your mouth. Only focus on your breathing for 2  1/2 minutes.


Because they're comfortable. ;)



Because it tastes good. ;)



Finally, plop down on your couch or bed and watch Netflix. (Or TV, or youtube, or whatever.) Take the rest of the day to relax and forget about everything else!



In the evening, it's beneficial to plan out the next day: make a to-do list, get some homework done, pack your bag, and pick out your outfit. Hopefully you'll be de-stressed and ready to tackle the pressures of life again the next day!



xx Signe





4 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree about getting the blood flowing- it always makes me feel so much better when I work out, or at least do some stretches. I also like to get as much done the night before in preparation for the next day as possible because I find myself worrying less and able to relax.

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix and tea are by far my favorites. I need to clean my bath/shower before that's even a possibility (gross, I know!).

    I've always loved the thought that tea is a hug in a cup!

    xo, B
    BKCsquared

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the start of my final year at uni I've definitely been feeling more stressed lately! I'm definitely guilty of changing into my pjs and settling down with a cup of tea to chill out (before tackling the mountain of work I have to do!). I like finishing off my day with some meditiation and breathing exercises - I find it helps to calm my thoughts and stop me from getting all worked up and stressed before I try to sleep.

    P.S. I nominated you for the 'Blog Your Heart Out Award' over on my blog - check it out! http://thelifeandtimesofbelleh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/blog-your-heart-out-award_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/2013/10/pumps.html

    ReplyDelete