Thursday, September 5, 2013

Expect the Unexpected

Starting sophomore year has been scary because I have NO IDEA what's going to happen this year.


Part of me is freaking out is because there's been a pattern of unexpected things happening to me that I can't plan for.

Part of me is curious because there's been a pattern of unexpected things happening to me that I can't plan for.

Part of me is excited because there's been a pattern of unexpected things happening to me that I can't plan for.

And part of me is scared that there won't be anything unexpected that happens because I don't want to stay the same person.


All I really know is that I don't know. Maybe there won't be a pattern. I think all I can do is remind myself these things:

- If something good unexpected happens, that's good. If something bad unexpected happens, that's still good because it will better me as a person. 
- There is no possible way I will be the same person a year from now. Because this is now, and there's not a way I can ever be in the same place twice. 
- If something or someone huge and dramatic doesn't come into my life, then that's ok, because then I think I have to be that person that comes into someone else's. 
- Day by day, nothing changes. But looking back, everything is different. There are unexpected little things that happen every day over a long period of time that maybe I don't notice, but at the end of this year, I will for sure. 


xx Signe


No comments:

Post a Comment