Monday, August 19, 2013

Quote of the Day : Trees




I saw this quote on tumblr the other day and it really resonated with me. Every fall is really different for me. It's a time of reflection on the past year and the person I was last fall. 

Fall is my favorite season. Yet, in the past few years, there's been a pattern of bad things happening in the fall. Still, I'm grateful for this, because it gives me the opportunity to spend the year changing and keep building myself up.

No matter what happens in the fall, it's hard for me to let it go and just move on to create something new. That's why this fall and every fall after this I'm going to aspire to be like a tree. Trees change colors, then they lose the leaves, then they grow new ones and it starts over again. It's kind of how in life, memories grow, then you have that last moment of reflecting on how lovely or painful or whatever they were before you have to let them go. When you don't want to let them go, just think of the trees. The seasons don't stop changing and life doesn't stop for anybody. There will always be another spring and another fall. 

So it's ok to let it go because there's no doubt that you won't live through it all again.

xx Signe

No comments:

Post a Comment