Tuesday, June 25, 2013

packing for europe.


Ok so I'm not going to Europe for a month but I've already starting thinking about packing. Usually I like packing, but my mom is just making packing for this trip seem so frightening. And even though I like packing I feel like yeah I'm horrible at it. She keeps warning me how I'll have to pack light and stuff, though we both agreed we want to be comfortable yet somewhat stylish to avoid looking like lazy Americans. It's just kinda annoying cause she gets a good suitcase and I get a teeny one cause apparently "that one's the right size for me." lol.

I'm also really afraid of forgetting something. I've been doing some research already on what to pack for the areas we're going. I went to Ireland about two years ago in the summer, so I will probably pack somewhat similarly as I did for that trip. 

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

{clothes}

- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 pairs of pants
- 1 pair of sweatpants
- 5 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of athletic shorts
- 10 tops
- 2 cardigans/sweaters
- 3 casual dresses
- 1 semiformal dress
- 1 everyday jacket
- 1 windbreaker/rainjacket
- 1 sweatshirt or hoodie
- 1 pair of tennis shoes
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of sandals
- 2 pairs of flats
- 2 pairs of keds
- 2 swimsuits
- 10 pairs of socks
- like all the bras and underwear I own.

(I actually think that's reasonable. I'm trying to bring just as much as I think I need.)

{bags}

- large tote 
- medium/large crossbody
- small crossbody
- duffel
- suitcase

{toiletries}

- toothbrush/toothpaste
- contact case
- contact solution
- face wash
- toner
- cotton balls
- moisturizer
- brush
- clips
- headbands
- hair ties
- shampoo
- conditioner
- shaving cream/razors
- shower gel
- lotion
- makeup
- mini perfume/fragrance
- "girl" items
- nail clippers
- band-aids
- advil

(Yeah hopefully I can get that in travel sizes...)

{other stuff}

- hair straightener (hey don't say this isn't necessary. I used this the day we arrived in Ireland when my family was jet-lagged and I had nothing to do.)
- umbrella
- travel journal 
- postcard stamps and pens/pencils
- book for school
- thing that converts your electronics to plug into european walls
- wallet and money
- phone/charger (What my mom says aside, I still want to have my phone with me. I'll probably barely use it but I think it's still kinda necessary for boredom in airports and in case of an emergency.)
- iPod/charger
- Maps/travel information
- Sketchbook
- Camera/charger
- Sunglasses
- Sunscreen


That's just a rough idea. If any of you have traveled to England, France, or the Netherlands before please give me some tips! Also, packing organization tips in general would be helpful...like I said I'm kind of bad at packing...


xx Signe


4 comments:

  1. That's so cool--you get to go to Europe! Can't wait to hear more about it soon!

    xoxo,
    aHc
    chicandpeonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signe,

    I've actually been to all three countries! Your packing list looks really efficient actually, I'm not sure what else I would add... If I think of something though I'll definitely email you!

    Xoxo
    Vina
    theprettyinprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok wow good to know! I'm thinking of actually switching out a lot of the shorts for dresses cause it will be so much easier.

      Delete
    2. If you would like any traveler's advice or my list of must-see landmarks for each country let me know! :) I love to share my travel adventure stories haha

      Delete