Sunday, May 19, 2013

What I'm Loving Sunday

Hi guys! Hope you all had a good weekend!

This is what I'm loving today....


[Spring Awakening, the musical]


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this picture. On Friday night, one of my theater bffs and I went to see this musical at another high school close to ours. Oh my goodness. It was simply PHENOMENAL. In case you're not a theater geek like I am, Spring Awakening is Broadway musical that is basically about every topic people want to avoid talking about: teenage pregnancy, rape, child abuse, homosexuality, and abortion. Add a lot of profanity, a guy and guy kiss, and the fact that this is a local high school into the mix, and you get an extremely controversial situation. This musical was a really, really big deal because this high school was the first in the world to perform an unedited version of this. Besides the fact that the acting, singing, set design, and choreography was AMAZING, I commend this high school for putting this show on. Although it takes place in the 1890s, the story is about teenagers and the topics are still so relevant today. They had a talk-back session afterwards, and the actors in it were so mature and had such a deep understanding of all the themes expressed in it. My friend and I thought they made our high school's theater department- which we thought was pretty good- look pretty lame.


[Stubborn Love by the Lumineers]



[My cat's Instagram...]


My cat, Lucy, recently got an Instagram! Go follow her!


[Tumblr]







I go through times when I get addicted to tumblr, and I'm in one of those periods right now. These are some of the pictures I've been loving. 

xx Signe






No comments:

Post a Comment