Thursday, May 30, 2013

Top 40 songs I can't stand

Ok, so most dance/party pop songs are horribly written and obnoxious. But there are some songs where I actually can't figure out how they got so popular. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I've always just never liked the following songs:



Want U Back | Cher Lloyd

I have always DESPISED this song. The melody is not good or catchy; it's plain sing-songy. Apart from that, the girl and song all together is just really obnoxious.




Only Girl | Rihanna 

I HATE this song. It's just something about the repetitive, long held-out chorus melody and tone of her voice that just makes this song sound so strained. It makes my ears bleed....



 

Who Says | Selena Gomez

First of all, I have no clue why Selena joined the music business. She can't sing, she doesn't write songs, and she doesn't play an instrument. But this song on its own is boring and really sing-songy. Yes, she's cute, it's a cute song and it was a nice idea but there's nothing original about it. 




We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together | Taylor Swift

Ohh Taylor....I love you to death, but what were you thinking when you released this song??? The thing that makes me mad about this song is that Taylor has SO much talent and ability that she's not showing off. She gets a lot of criticism from the media, which basically overshadows the fact she's one of the most talented famous people out there nowadays. I feel like Taylor was basically feeding the critics when she released this song. Meanwhile, she kept masterpieces like "All Too Well" and "Sad Beautiful Tragic" as record-only releases. 



Don't You Worry Child | Swedish Mafia

I just don't like this song. I always make my mom change the channel when it comes on the radio...there's something about it I just find really annoying. 



I Love It | Icona Pop

Never liked it from the moment I heard it. I will give Icona Pop credit that it's unique and it sounds different, but it's still a stupid song. I actually find this song kind of freaky...like something they would play in Forever 21. 



Suit and Tie | Justin Timberlake

NO. Just NO. This song sounds like it was written specifically for an attempt to be a radio it. Unfortunately, I think they tried too hard and totally failed. 


Apart from these, I also hate the obviously hateable songs like Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, etc.

I feel like top 40 music has gone way downhill in the past three years. It seems like more alternative music is getting popular, which is great, but all the dance/pop-y music is so bad. I mean, it still was bad three years ago, but at least then they all sounded mostly different and all the melodies were new and catchy. The only thing good you hear now is usually occasionally Avril Lavigne, P!nk, and Kelly Clarkson. 

Do you agree? What top 40 songs have you always hated? 

xx Signe





No comments:

Post a Comment