Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Healthy Habits Transformation!

Until recently, I ate a TON. I snacked a lot, but my main issue was that I ate when I wasn't really hungry just to finish something, I ate when I had nothing else to do or was upset, I would have dessert even though I was already full, or I would eat dinner because the rest of my family was even though I wasn't hungry. It was just a ton of totally unnecessary food! Because I'm young and occasionally would exercise, it was never a problem and I was still at a healthy weight.

But recently, I've been working on self-control and more positive thinking. Now that I'm more positive, I don't need to eat when I'm upset, I keep myself busy so I don't go around snacking, and only eat what's really essential to fill me up. I've also been exercising more frequently. With this happier attitude, I've lost eight pounds in a pretty short period of time!

I've found that a major cause of unhealthy eating, particularly in America, is the portion sizes of food. It's just so unnecessary. WHAT I was eating was fine- I was just eating too much of everything. To lose weight, people often look up healthy snack ideas and stuff like that. Personally, I don't think that's necessary. Just cut down on the portion sizes! You don't need to count calories or measure this or anything like that- just listen to your body. It's simple: just eat when you're hungry, and stop when you're full. That way, you will be fueled on really the essentials.

Of course, don't only eat small portions of cookies. ;) If you want to take the "essentials" thing a step further, then only eat the essential grains, meats, dairy, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables. Of course, there's nothing wrong with cookies, but you don't NEED them. Think about what your body really needs.

In addition, you don't need to look up any fancy exercises. Just get out and burn some calories! Simple is all you need: some cardio like the ellyptical or running, sit-ups, push-ups, and squats to tone muscles, and stretching. As long as you're doing something, that's great!

Do you have any tips for keeping healthy?

xx Signe

No comments:

Post a Comment