Friday, March 29, 2013

Kacey Musgraves

Errrmagerrrddd I'm so obsessed!!!!


I've been following singer-songwriter Kacey Musgraves ever since I saw her live (for free, I might add) at a music festival in my city last summer. 

Well, she now has a top 10 single out and her album Same Trailer Different Park was recently released. I swear the entire thing was like written to match my musical tastes, like I'm almost liking this as much as Taylor Swift (which is saying a lot!) The dominant genre is country, but it's all really mellow/mid-tempo and her voice is cute and doesn't have that twang that can get annoying. It also has elements of folk, indie, and pop, and all her songs are really catchy. At first I only bought four songs off the record, but then caved and just bought the whole thing. And it's been on repeat ever since. 

[My top 3 faves in order]
1. Follow Your Arrow 
2. Silver Lining
3. Merry Go Round

The thing I really like about this album and Kacey's style in general is that it doesn't focus on stupid stuff like trucks that most mainstream country focuses on. I like the way that every song is written as a metaphor or written about an emotion. The lyrics are extremely well-written. I was totally inspired by the messages in 'Follow Your Arrow' and 'Silver Lining'. 

I would definitely recommend this album to pretty much anyone cause it's just so good.

What do you think of Kacey Musgraves?

xx Signe


4 comments:

  1. I Love this song of hers: "it is what it is". :)

    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of her, I'll have to check her out (especially because I love Taylor Swift). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for reading my blog :)

      Delete